Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowy Day


Forrest outside on the afternoon shoveled drive.
We have been getting a lot of snow today. It has been snowing since Tuesday around lunch and has not stopped. The wind has been blowing and drifts have been building up, one built up in front of our front door which made it hard to open the screen door. Forrest and I went out to shovel yet again this afternoon. We were surprised to find the sidewalk cleared for us - Thanks to our neighbor, Mike. He has the little girl that rides the bus with Mary Louise. Before I finished the driveway, our other neighbor, Lou, came out with his snow blower and finished the bottom of the drive for me. I guess they are feeling sorry for this middle-aged Southern girl who is evidently a novice at Northern winters and this one is supposedly a bit colder and snowier than normal. I guess I will be doing some banana bread baking soon in exchage for the machine help and some helpful snow shoveling advice offered by our nice neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment